The Resource The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
The item The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter represents a specific, individual, material embodiment of a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System.This item is available to borrow from 8 library branches. This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
The item The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter represents a specific, individual, material embodiment of a distinct intellectual or artistic creation found in Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System.
This item is available to borrow from 8 library branches.
This resource has been enriched with EBSCO NoveList data.
- The long Earth
- The long Earth
- Statement of responsibility
- Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
- 2015: Madison, Wisconsin. Junior cop Sally Jansson is called out to the house of Willis Lynsey, a reclusive scientist, for an animal cruelty complaint: the man was seen forcing a horse in through the door of his home. Inside there is no horse. But Sally finds a kind of home made utility belt. She straps this on and 'steps' sideways into an America covered with virgin forest. Willis came here with equipment and animals, meaning to explore and colonise. And when Sally gets back, she finds Willis has put the secret of the belt on the internet. The great migration has begun. The Long Earth: our Earth is but one of a chain of parallel worlds, lying side by side in a higher space of possibilities, each differing from its neighbours by a little (or a lot): an infinite landscape of infinite possibilities. And the further away you travel, the stranger the worlds get. The sun and moon always shine, the basic laws of physics are the same. However, the chance events which have shaped our particular version of Earth, such as the dinosaur killer asteroid impact, might not have happened and things may well have turned out rather differently. But only our Earth hosts mankind.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2012.
- Cataloging source
- Pratchett, Terry
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- L66 2012
- Literary form
- Baxter, Stephen
- Series statement
- Long Earth
- Series volume
- Space and time
- Target audience
- The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
- 24 cm.
- 336 p.
- Other physical details
- System control number
- (Sirsi) o785019206
- (Sirsi) o785019206
- trueHard science fiction
- trueParallel universes
- truePolicewomen -- Wisconsin
- Science fiction
- trueScience fiction
- trueSpace and time
- Space and time -- Fiction
Alpharetta BranchBorrow it10 Park Plaza, Alpharetta, GA, 30009, US34.073948 -84.292303
East Roswell BranchBorrow it2301 Holcomb Bridge Road, Roswell, GA, 30076, US34.002886 -84.294341
Kirkwood BranchBorrow it11 Kirkwood Road SE, Atlanta, GA, 30317, US33.751446 -84.321255
Metropolitan BranchBorrow it1332 Metropolitan Parkway, Atlanta, GA, 30310, US33.718804 -84.407351
Milton BranchBorrow it855 Mayfield Rd, Milton, GA, 30009, US34.090136 -84.336532
Northwest at Scotts CrossingBorrow it2489 Perry Boulevard NW, Atlanta, GA, 30318, US33.804977 -84.469556
Palmetto BranchBorrow it9111 Cascade Palmetto Hwy, Palmetto, GA, 30268, US33.53057 -84.664268
Peachtree BranchBorrow it1315 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA, 30309, US33.790668 -84.384799
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Item The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.afpls.org/portal/The-long-Earth-Terry-Pratchett-and-Stephen/NZdEE1AaxzA/" typeof="Book http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Item"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.afpls.org/portal/The-long-Earth-Terry-Pratchett-and-Stephen/NZdEE1AaxzA/">The long Earth, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.afpls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.afpls.org/">Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>