The Resource Front desk
- Front desk
- Statement of responsibility
- Kelly Yang
- trueSouthern California
- trueRealistic fiction
- Motels -- California, Southern
- trueImmigrants, Chinese
- true1990s -- 1990 -- 1999
- California, Southern
- trueChild immigrants
- Chinese -- California, Southern
- trueChinese Americans
- trueChinese in the United States
- trueFifth-grade girls
- Hotels, motels, etc
- Immigrant families -- California, Southern
- trueImmigrant families
- trueTen-year-old girls
- Recent immigrants from China and desperate for work and money, ten-year-old Mia Tang's parents take a job managing a rundown motel in Southern California, even though the owner, Mr. Yao is a nasty skinflint who exploits them; while her mother (who was an engineer in China) does the cleaning, Mia works the front desk and tries to cope with demanding customers and other recent immigrants--not to mention being only one of two Chinese in her fifth grade class, the other being Mr. Yao's son, Jason
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2019
- Asian Pacific American Asian Pacific American Award for Literature: Children’s Literature, 2020.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 4-6, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2018.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Intermediate Books, 2020.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Fr 2018
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Front desk
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Front desk
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.afpls.org/resource/DCUDuqCMLwE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.afpls.org/resource/DCUDuqCMLwE/">Front desk</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.afpls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.afpls.org/">Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>