The Resource Elijah of Buxton
- Elijah of Buxton
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- truePreteen boys
- trueNorth Buxton, Ontario
- trueAfrican American boys
- trueAfrican Americans
- Africana Children's Literature Collection
- trueBlack Canadian children
- trueBlack Canadians
- Blacks -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCanada -- History -- 1763-1867
- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- trueEleven-year-old boys
- trueFreed slaves
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Juvenile fiction
- Freedom -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- In 1859, eleven-year-old Elijah Freeman, the first free-born child in Buxton, Canada, which is a haven for slaves fleeing the American south, uses his wits and skills to try to bring to justice the lying preacher who has stolen money that was to be used to buy a family's freedom
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2008
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2007
- Canadian Library Association Book of the Year Award for Children, 2008.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2008.
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction, 2008.
- Great Lakes Book Awards, Children's category, 2008.
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award, 2008.
- TD Canadian Children's Literature Award, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- El 2007
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Elijah of Buxton
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Elijah of Buxton
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.afpls.org/resource/nFM-HKdUHLc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.afpls.org/resource/nFM-HKdUHLc/">Elijah of Buxton</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.afpls.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.afpls.org/">Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>